My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Argh! DH did the nappy wash and ? on cleaning the tray

Postby Pinchette » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:50 pm

Hi,

Two questions:

My dh very proudly announced me he had put all the nappies in the wash. "Oh" I said "what?" he said, becoming pale. "Did you do a rinse cycle first?" I asked "No...." he said "Did you put conditionner?" I asked "Of course!!!" he answered and then when he saw the look on my face said "only a little bit of conditionner though!" (yeah right like only a "little " bit of olive oil in the food is like half the bottle) :lol:

Anyway, he went and stopped it straight away and emptied the tray of the conditionner and the rinse cycle on.

Problem is, not wanting to completely put off trying to do his fair share, I didn't ask how much washing powder he'd put and I've just realised now that the cycling wash is over that he didn't take the inserts out of the pockets. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Soooo, what shall I do? I'm going to give them a few more rinse cycle before hanging them.

Second question is that I took the tray of the washing machine out and it was full of black goo. I cleaned it the best I could with an old brush but didn't managed to get all of it off. Anyone knows any trick/miracle product???

Thank you in advance

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:28 pm

PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry but that did make me giggle!!!

i'd try soaking the tray in white vinegar that may shift it! Or if not bleach???

Maybe you need to give him step by step instructions! And I find it LOADS easier to take the inserts out as they go into the bucket, then its only 1 at a time and I can just put the load on!

ETA that 1 wash with full powder should be fine, I'd just take out the inserts and give it a rinse!

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:12 pm

Hello There.
Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But I can't stop laughing.
Will show this to DH, on second thought probably not!!!!!!
Coz he will get some right(but wrong) ideas abut how well he does LOL.
xxxxxxxxxxxx

My avatar
mom2wills
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mom2wills » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:50 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: sorry, too funny....
When I moved into our last flat the washing tray was black everywhere. 1/2 bleach, 1/2 water is a good solution, I found using an old toothbrush works well for scrubbing too.
as for the nappies, rinse rinse and rinse. eventually all the suds will come out. I am trying to get rid of all of my suds, and I have decided to rinse as many times as I can in one day, and when it gets too late at night I hang them out to dry, use them, and then repeat the process when they are all wet again in 2-3 days. good luck!

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did see the funny side of it. Bless him he tried.

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies