hf1

Camping mats

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Camping mats

Postby ems101 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:34 am

Any recommendations? Not keen on the old foam ones. Looking at the self inflating or air beds. We'd be going for just a couple of nights at the moment and obviously by car, so size is a consideration as Wed need 5 but not as if it has to be in a back Pac.

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Camping mats

Postby autumnalgirl » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:51 am

The kids have go outdoors, hi gear ones. Gelert off of ebay are fairly cheap. We have a mammoth vango one for us, but that was more expensive!

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:01 pm

We have tesco airbeds, a double for me & DH, another double for the boys and Vicky has a single. They have a camping offer on at the moment.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:03 pm

I'm really not keen on the foam ones and not massively keen on the self inflating ones, but that may just be my big hips causing issues there! We have a queen sized blow up one and the boys have canvas stretcher style ones which while are a bit of a PITA to set up they are very compact and quite comfy!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:29 pm

I prefer SIMs. We all have them. My double was from Go Outdoors but the kids ones were just from Aldi and are far superior. We used to have airbeds but we found these to be colder and more uncomfortable. Since we switched we've never looked back although of course most of our camping weekends are in the caravan now.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:53 pm

@Allie what is a SIM ? Does your caravan travel to France ;)

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:12 pm

@clothmama SIMs are self inflating mats. My caravan could possibly travel to France should the need arise...

Return to Activities and things to do with your children