hf1

Help needed for rash.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Help needed for rash.

Postby lazylexis » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:42 am

We've never had much problem with rashes until now.N has been constipated for a couple of weeks so doing lots of small poos often. His bum is saw and red raw.It starts healing and then he does lots of poos or wet farts and we are back to square one.He is having lactulose. He is needing changing between 3-6 times an hour. We are using disposables at the mo to enable lots of cream. His poor bum is bleeding and he is screaming and fighting nappy changes making proper cleaning difficult.I usually use flannels but am using fleece and water.I am working a few mornings next week but dh is gonna really struggle if he is still like this when changing.Dh has just had elbow surgery and has a cast from knuckles to armpit so can only use one arm.
So any tips on trying to clear it up? We have tried metanium and sudocrem and i found sone timodine in the cupboard which is part antibacterial, part steroid and part antifungal.
Thanks ladies.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Help needed for rash.

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:55 am

ouch it sounds so sore :hug: :hug: I swear by Metanium, it has always cleared rashes up really quickly here. That and lots of nappy free time but thats not helpful really unless you can follow him around to clean up the puddles. Is there anything you could put in his bathwater that could soothe and means his nappy area is getting nice and clean?

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:34 am

Ouch :hug:

Just a thought, but ds1 used to get a really sore bottom when he ate certain things - tomato and citrus fruit I think were the worst. It just seemed to turn the poo acid and it burned him on contact no matter how fast he was changed. Not sure how this would tie in with the constipation though :-?

Can you let him have some nappy free time? tricky if he's pooing so often though.

Hope you get it sorted soon - it sounds horrid :hug:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:37 am

Problem is he wont eat any sort of veg even when it is hidden so tends to eat quite a bit of fruit but will only eat dried raisins, tinned mandarins and strawberries!

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:04 am

we put a camomile tea bag in the bath water and also in the wipes solution - it's really soothing. some mums on here told me to even put the fleece liner in the camomile tea solution, and then to put this fleece liner in the bubba's nappy, but haven't tried this. x

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:41 am

xxxx
Last edited by tiyuricc on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:03 pm

When Ed was teething he got a nasty rash from the runny poos. The only thing that cleared it was a good layer of lanolin (lansinoh) covered with a layer of sudocrem. It cleared up in a day and a half. I couldn't do nappy off time because his poos were every hourish and so runny.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Where do you get paw paw salve Amanda?

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:41 pm

Well today he had a couple of hours nappy off time and was happy for me to wipe him then.Tonight we have had 30 mins of hysterics trying to clean him after a small poo.Couldn't clean him properly or anything.Even bribery of sweets didn't work.Eventually he let me do it but it's getting ridiculous.There's no way dh will manage next week when i am at work.On a good note he actually ate a veg spring roll tonight.dh now has the hump as i phoned him when he was in the pub to come and give me a hand.By the time he got home it was ok.he's gone back to the pub now. Think i'm gonna go to bed as i am shattered.

Next

Return to Nappy Rash