littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Another wet waking from wool, help!

Postby littlesez » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:30 pm

Yeh , my mum put us in 2 terries when we were babies :) :coolbaby:

Bet we had massive bums :lol:

This is why I love our night nappies because they are awesome and not too bulky, what do you have on the way x

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:34 pm

They are some preloved bamboo baby beehind night nappies that I bought from here.

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:51 pm

It could be what is going over the top as well as what's underneath. The over clothes need to be as breathable as the wool, so if you start putting something less breathable over the top, it will stop the evaporation process. I'd suggest putting more underneath the soaker, but also if you're using a sleeping bag, leave it open a bit, and if you have a waterproof sheet on the mattress, try putting a nice this cotton towel over the mattress, under the sheet. to help the wool to breathe more easily

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:50 pm

Katielou wrote:They are some preloved bamboo baby beehind night nappies that I bought from here.

@Katielou these are some of my favourite night nappies I love them and they are really absorbent and very slim fitting as well. Have you tried them yet?

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:20 pm

Thanks little pants, she was in merino pjs and merino sleep bag to help with breathability, think just need more absorbant nappy!
Cloth mama I did and they wasn't much better than bamboozle to be honest. From some googling of reviews though I am not so sure they are actually night ones they are coloured and front fastening and from what l can make out the proper night ones are white and side snap?
Got a hlbb on the way, there's not much else on here though and they are so expensive new!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:53 pm

Have you tried boosting on the outside of the nappy @Katielou some babies need the extra? I use the coloured ones with both small and large booster for night and then when I need more add an extra hemp one on the outside. How old is you little one again?

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:02 pm

Yes she wears them with both inserts and a hemp and a bamboo booster between nappy and wrap. She is 19 weeks, nappy goes on at 7 before feed and she has one more feed at 10.30. She's asleep before end of 7 feed and sleeps through 10.30 feed until early morning which usually greets me with a poo lol! so don't want to wake to change. The combo is fine in pul or fleece soaker just not in the wool. Don't like her in pul all night leaves marks on her chubby legs! the fleece is ok for now she wears those mostly in day but would like to find something that works with wool before the summer as don't want her getting too sweaty in the fleece!
@clothmama

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:37 pm

I found with Louis the period you are in now the heaviest wetting up until he started taking solids and the milk intake reduced a little so you may find it settles before summer. Keep trying different combos or if you can add an extra booster (although sounds like you have already have quite a bit already - how many layers are each booster?)

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:55 pm

Yes hopefully it should calm down when she drops dream feed. I'm not really too sure how many layers, bamboo a couple I think and hemp are easy peasy so again not sure exactly but feels like a few....
Just made a pocket fitted with bamboo outer and fleece lining with extra wide crutch to enable more stuffing, have put a pad folded bamboo square which totals around 8 layers and a hemp in, will try that tomorrow! I find more than one booster on the outside of nappy a bit fiddly and inside causing leg gape which isn't good for morning poo and wool! Hoping the diy pocket might work, then could use what I have and also adjust if it does calm down... Will put the bamboo squares to use aswell as use normal terry boosted more than the bamboo as seem to be able to get tighter fit with the cotton.

PreviousNext

Return to Wraps (pilchers)